The Wrap Up
Download the full Report
- October has shown steady interest from interstate renters, accounting for 24% of inspections—nearly 1 in 4 are exploring homes beyond their current borders.
- The Sunshine Coast remains a standout performer, with almost a third of rental inspections (28%) coming from interstate, alongside a significant 8.5% from international interest.
- Rising to 25.8%, Brisbane’s interstate inspections have hit their second-highest mark for 2023, a leap from 18.5% in June.
- The Gold Coast’s appeal continues to be strong, with interstate inspections at a solid 33% and a notable 6% from international renters.
- Melbourne’s market is showing resilience, with interstate inspections up to 19.6% from a March low of 15.3%. The international interest is also climbing, now at 8.2%.
- Sydney sees a slight increase in interstate inspections, from 10.3% in September to 12.7% in October, with overseas interest also up to 7.8%
- Perth is on the rise, with interstate rental inspections now at 24.9%, and an impressive 11% of renters are inspecting from overseas.